Sunday 20 October 2013

Roy's Ruskies

This is a photo that never made it into my battle report on the game I played with Roy back in July (click here). It shows the superb group of mounted officers Roy produced especially for the game (in my rules each infantry and cavalry unit needs a figure to represent the colonel).

Although not all the figures and horses are Hinton Hunt the eagle eyed amongst you will spot some very clever conversions of HH personality figures.

My favourite is the guy in the helmet with telescope (centre of photo) which I guess is converted from RN.85 Russian General – see how many others you can spot (sorry no prize)…

Update from Roy - this is the picture he used as the inspiration for his splendid Hussar!


5 comments:

MSFoy said...

Superb - thanks for showing these - a real treat. Cleverly done - I recognise a few donors! The chap second from the right looks as if he is at least partly a Minifigs 20mm Napoleon.

Your rules - if you've made this clear before then apologies for missing it... Last time this came up I think you said that the version of your rules of which I had a copy was well out of date and you were redrafting them. Is there an authorised current edition available to fans and disciples?

Cheers - Tony

Stryker said...

Hi Tony - the latest copy of the rules can be found by following the link in this post

http://hintonhunt.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/muskets-marshals-version-4.html

I must work out how to add a 'rules' tab to the blog...

lewisgunner said...

Most of the conversion and painting on these was done by Peter Bateman of BB Wargames. i did a couple of the pieces such as the conversion to a hussar general and the painting up of the Alberken Napoleon as a Russian General.

That reminds me that I must find out the names of the Russian generals at Borodino and label up the command figures as Ian does.

Roy

James Fisher said...

A fine collection of officers as you point out. For mine you can't go past the officer in the hussar uniform (of the Grodno hussars?)

lewisgunner said...

Ii did do he conversion of the helmeted figure myself. It really s rather easy as one just cuts away the telescope , twists off the original head and then drills, pins and glues the new head. I twist heads off because that tends to give a flat surface for fitting the new head and its easier to find the mid point for drilling.
Roy