Thursday 24 July 2014

Admiring Austrians (2)

Steve sent me this picture of a unit of Hinton Hunt Austrians that he used to have in his collection. The figures are all of the elusive vintage persuasion except for a couple of conversions. They look great and whoever owns them now must be very pleased.

 These are mostly AN4 Austrian musketeer, charging with converted drummer, flag bearer and mounted officer - lovely work Steve!

As you know my own Austrian contingent is a bit on the thin side but yesterday I took delivery of a very exciting package of soldiers (of course all packages of toy soldiers are exciting). In it were 100 or so DK and Clayton unpainted Austrian infantry castings – they’ll be appearing here just as soon as I sort through them!

3 comments:

the Archduke said...

Now, that's what I call a smart battalion. I promise not to argue about the right shade of white....

Stryker said...

Don't you mean the right shade of light grey?

DeanM said...

Beautiful Autrians!