Friday 12 November 2010

Chasseur-a-cheval (take 2)

These two-piece Hinton Hunt French Chasseurs (FN319) were among the first figures I painted when I started this project. Looking back over my old posts I realised that they had never had a decent showing so I thought I’d rectify that now.


They really are lovely little castings that are amongst the best in the Hinton Hunt range in my humble opinion.


Chasseurs of the Line are perhaps a bit under represented on the wargame table being less glamorous than their friends in the Hussars and lancers. However, I hope you will agree that these lads are looking pretty smart. I have a couple of squadrons of the one-piece version to add to their ranks – eventually.

6 comments:

Paulalba said...

Hi Ian,
These guys are very nicely done and yes you are right they are not the 1st French cavalry people tend to think of. Cuirassiers, dragoons and lancers always seem to jump to the top of the list.
Regards
paul

Rafael Pardo said...

Ian
I like to see this sort of 'maid for all' French cavalry so nicely painted. They were used in all campaigns and theaters.
Regards
Rafa

Lee said...

Chasseur a cheval are actually one of my favourite French light cavalry units, I love those green uniforms,I have them on my shopping list for the future. Those are lovely figures Ian.

I was looking back through your blog last night, right from the start, and a very enjoyable half hour it was. I think like myself you are more a collector than wargamer? But do you have plans in future to play a game with them?

All the best,
Lee.

Stryker said...

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Lee - I don't think of myself as a collector because I've always intended to use the figures for playing wargames. However, I must admitt that actual wargames played are very thin on the ground these days. I have always had the intention to play a game with the Hintons when I get to five foot units per side so (maybe) not long to go now!

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Excellent little soldiers you have there

Ken said...

The chassuers just can't be beat as good all round cavalry

Ken