Saturday 14 April 2012

French Line Artillery

Some of you may have noticed a distinct lack of posts over here recently. This is chiefly because what hobby time I have is being taken up with the ACW campaigning season over at Brother Against Brother.

However, for those who are missing their Hinton Hunt fix I did just snap this picture of the finished French Line Artillery gun and crew I completed earlier this year but forgot to post. The figures are (from left to right):

FN/33 Gunner (ramming home)
FN/32 Gunner (holding cannonball)
A/3 French Field Gun
FN/31 Gunner (firing the gun)
FN/34 Gunner (positioned for manning gun)

I promise to get back to painting Hinton Hunts just as soon as I have thrashed Johnny Reb.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice-the shot does show the "size problem" of the HH guns very well! Small price to pay for autthenticity (please excuse the pun!).

Stryker said...

Small price - ha ha!

Rafael Pardo said...

The ramord is too big isn't it?

Stryker said...

Rafa - I've never known a Frenchman admit that his ramrod is too big!

Ian